How I Deal With Hate
The Most Famous Question of All
If you have been following me for quite some time, I bet you have wondered this… “How does she deal with the antis? All the hate? The death threats? The vulgar comments?”
I know it’s probably hard to believe me when I answer… “I ignore it”. “Does it ever get to me?”… The answer to that is “NO.”
Now, you’re probably thinking “ya ok.” But let me explain….
So when I say “NO” it doesn’t get to me. That doesn’t mean I like receiving this stuff and the words that they say aren’t hurtful, because yes there can be some vile things said and really no one likes being judged by someone that doesn’t even know them. With that said, I think of it this way, “Why should I let someone, that doesn’t even know me, have a valid opinion about me?” 99.9999% of the people typing behind the keyboard have never spoken with me in their life. For them to say hateful and ugly comments to me is actually hilarious. To me, it says more about the person they are, than it does about me. I know who I am. I know what I do. I know why I do it. Just because people don’t agree with it, shouldn’t stop me from living out my passion. That would just be silly. Not everyone is ever going to agree with everything you do, and if you let another person’s opinion affect you, you will just be taking away from your own happiness. I’m not living to please others. Life is too short to try and please everyone, so do what makes YOU happy, and the people that support you are the only people you need in your life. It’s okay for someone to disagree, you can always agree to disagree, but the negative people that say hateful things, you don’t need them in your life.
Now, with the death threats, that’s another story. Those don’t necessarily “bother me” either and most are just to get a reaction out of me. Again, do I like receiving this stuff? No, it’s not what I like to see in my comments/DM’s/ etc. But I always take extreme precaution and do research on all of them. It just baffles me that some of these people can say some of the things they say. It makes me sad that someone hates their life so much that they have to bring others down. I truly feel sorry for these people and their state of mind. People have some serious instability to actually say some of the things they say to others.
So a few things to keep in mind if you are dealing with hateful people:
· Ignore their opinion about you because that doesn’t define who YOU are
· Don’t even engage with them, it’s not worth your time. If they don’t care to try to learn and get educated don’t waste your time on it. For the chance someone might just disagree with you BUT aren’t being rude about it, try to talk to them and get them to understand WHY you hunt, tell them the benefits, how you do it, what it does for conservation, etc. if you need help with what to reply message me and I will do my best to help in this situation. You being a hunter (or any other controversial subject) have to understand what you post might not be settling to others so trying to educate them is your best bet. If they are willing to have a peaceful conversation- educate them. If they just want to keep spewing hate- block them.
· Block and Delete, block the haters cause ain’t nobody got time for that. It really just baffles me that someone takes the time to go look at someone’s profile they DON’T LIKE and continues to comment or DM them. I would never go to a profile I disagree with and say hateful things just because I don’t agree with them. But there are some sad people in this world that just feel the need to do it, it’s inevitable, so just block ‘em and move on.
· Always remember your worth and why you do what you do. If it helps make a list of reasons for WHY you hunt and when you get down go back to that list and remind yourself you have so many people around you who share this same passion.
· And most of all… REMEMBER someone saying things about you is more of a reflection on the type of person they are and says NOTHING about you!
· Remember, and FOCUS, on all the good things people say about you!
Us hunters are a small community in the grand scheme of things, we need to stick together. If you see this happening to someone spread some love and encourage them to continue doing what they’re doing, remind them they have a tribe behind them that supports them.
I hope this puts some light into someone’s life and makes you realize ugly people don’t matter. Be strong. Be courageous. Have grit. And NEVER BACK DOWN!
I also want to mention that I like to read other peoples biography’s to see how they got to where they are today, as well as some positive self help books. I compiled a list of some of my favorites on amazon that you can see HERE.
What did you find most helpful here? Do you have any advice for anyone struggling with hateful people? Leave a comment and let me know!
Did you see the release of the trailer to “My Story”? Click here to check it out!
Happy Hunting and as always, God Bless!